Saturday, June 2, 2012

6.2.12



Absolutely GORGEOUS!  A spectacular green Monarch chrysalis!


{FINDINGS}
0 eggs
1 caterpillars

{EGGS WAITING TO HATCH}
0 - after the 5 eggs were a week old, they were well past the 3-5 day incubation period, and so it seems that they will not hatch.

{HATCHLINGS}
0

{NURSERY GUESTS}
0

{CATERPILLARS}
55 Total
25 large {+/- 9-14 days old}
15 medium {7 days old}
13 small {3 & 5 days old}
1 chrysalis

Today has been an amazing day!  I stopped to pick some wild Milkweed along the road and found a 9 to 10 day old caterpillar!  Usually I can only find the itty bitty guys!  I also was witness to my first chrysalis! After caring for this amazing caterpillar for 9 days, I watched with my nose to the glass as the caterpillars skin split and the chrysalis emerged!  Unbelievable!  I cannot wait to watch this butterfly emerge!

No comments:

Post a Comment